Monday, July 5, 2010

Pit Stop in Alberta

I am so lucky to have such a supportive family! The first thing I did after pulling into my folks' in Calgary was HAVE A SHOWER. I didn't even take anything out of the Jeep first. After a short rest, we piled into Mom and Lyle's truck and drove up to Red Deer through a rainstorm to see my Grandma (92), Auntie Pat, Uncle André, cousin Jan and her husband Ron. It was particularly sweet to spend time with Grandma.

On Monday, Lyle and Dave got to work on my Jeep, replacing the steering box, the power steering pump (whoops, a casualty of the other repair), and checking everything else over. Dave gave me a roof rack storage pod that he had lying around. I got to sleep in a real bed and had three showers in two days. And I got a visit with my seven-year-old neice, Makayla.

Tuesday morning, I was recharged and ready for the next leg of the journey. My Mom was ready to join me! It's going to be so rich to travel for a week together.

In case you wondered, "Stay on the Ride" is the name of a Patty Griffin song.

You can now see more road trip photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/thorsell.lm

More later...

Copyright © 2010 Lynn Thorsell, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment