Saturday, April 4, 2020

What now?


The afternoon of Saturday, March 14, I received a text message from our programme manager in Ethiopia saying all Cuso International volunteers globally were being asked to return to Canada as soon as possible. My flight left Lilongwe early on Thursday, March 19. Thirty-nine hours later, I arrived at the Toronto Pearson International Airport, was greeted from a distance by my sister-in-law and her husband, and brought to their home to self-quarantine.

During this time when all of us are experiencing high levels of disruption, I've been wondering what to do. This coming week, I'll begin hosting groups online to practice The Work that Reconnects. You can learn more by clicking here.

I also want to recommend my friend Katie Talbott's site, Present Sense. I find her short, reflective pieces to be accessible, restorative, and wise. Read Present Sense

If you have the attention span and emotional capacity for a longer read, you'll find the lead in to my next blog post below.

Painfully learning to share

The greatest and most persistent challenge I experienced in Malawi is encapsulated in the word, "Karibu". Read more.

Copyright © 2020 Lynn Thorsell, All rights reserved.

Plantain chips, freshly made in Ghana, and
given to me by a fellow passenger on our flight to Toronto

~ * ~ * ~


No comments:

Post a Comment